Since 2004, Helping People Get Out of Debt with Dignity and Respect
Helping people get out of debt through bankruptcy protection is all we do. If you haven’t yet, please Google us and read our reviews on Yelp, Google, Avvo, and other review sites. Our clients have a lot of kind things to say about us, and they have good reason. We know that our clients are in a stressful, often overwhelming situation. All of them have struggled to pay debts that are preventing them from getting ahead and on with their lives. We are here to help you get out of debt.
Below are just some of the reasons our clients feel we deserve such praise.
- We care about our clients. You get personal attention from day one.
- We give everyone who asks for one a free consultation.
- We don’t push anyone into filing bankruptcy. If you would be better off not filing either Chapter 13 bankruptcy or Chapter 7, we will honestly tell you that. Perhaps there is another way for you to get out of debt. We may not get you as a client, but we would rather look out for your best interests even if that means we don’t earn any fees.
- Our fees are always quoted to you in writing. Our fees are also typically less than many other bankruptcy attorneys. In Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases, we follow the “no-look” attorney fees published by the bankruptcy court. For Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases, we quote fixed, competitive fees for the entire case. There are no hidden fees.
- We care about the integrity of the bankruptcy system. We don’t just have a great reputation with our clients. We also have earned the respect of our bankruptcy judges, the bankruptcy trustees, and other bankruptcy attorneys in San Jose and the Bay Area.
- We’re responsive. When you hire us, you can expect a return call or email from us, usually the same day, for as long as your bankruptcy case is open.
If you’re facing financial difficulty, need to get out of debt, and you live in the Bay Area, please contact our San Jose Bankruptcy Attorney, Kim Brooks, for a free consultation. You’ll be glad you did!
Jon Brooks was wonderful to work with on filing for bankruptcy. He is professional, polite, and very detailed. I'm so grateful I'm debt free... Read moreMichelle D., San Jose
I just wanted to take this time to say that I had the privilege of being represented by my bankruptcy attorney Jon. At first I was really te... Read moreFrank S., San Jose
Jon focused on the key issues quickly, and knew critical answers I could not find elsewhere – even from other attorneys! I highly recommen... Read moreC.C., San Jose
If you are reading this, chances are you haven’t been on a ‘winning streak’ in your life lately. When my wife and I came in to see Jon... Read moreKeith A., San Jose
Jon provided me with the pros and cons of what type of bankruptcy to file which I understood very well as they were presented to me and my w... Read moreTony G., Fremont
Jon Brooks demonstrated confidence, compassion, and professional integrity while handling my challenging bankruptcy case. He skillfully disc... Read moreLisa C., Palo Alto
I can't thank Jon enough for helping us through the most difficult time in our life. Coming to the conclusion that I had to file bankruptcy ... Read moreJ.S., San Jose
Choosing Jon to represent me in my bankruptcy case was the best decision I have ever made! He is extremely knowledgeable and explained every... Read moreSara L., Campbell
Jon Brooks helped us get a fresh start without making us feel ashamed for our bankruptcy. He and his staff were professional to an ultimate ... Read moreY. Carter and D. Carter, San Jose
I am a young single mother that went through a very difficult time and knew bankruptcy was the smartest option for me at the time. Mr. Brook... Read moreS.M., San Jose
We were saved by the office of Jon Brooks when our country was in the Great Recession. They solved our second mortgage and debt problems pow... Read moreSam S., San Jose
Jon Brooks and his wonderful team helped me with my bankruptcy case and gave me back my peace of mind. My initial (free) consultation with M... Read moreRaquel P., San Jose
Recent Blog Posts
Dos and Don’ts Before Filing Bankruptcy in San Jose
Considering Filing Bankruptcy? These Dos and Don’ts Will Go a Long Way Toward Ensuring Your Bankruptcy Case Goes Smoothly First, let’s start with the things you should do now if you are considering filing a personal ...Read more
Credit and Debt Are Two Different Things! How Bankruptcy Helps Each
Bankruptcy, Debt and Your Credit Report I am contacted nearly every day about whether I can “clean up” someone’s credit report. It usually goes like this: the person has just been denied from renting an apartment...Read more
Why Car Title Loans Are Always a Bad Idea
You paid off your car or truck loan. Congratulations! It likely took up to five years to do that, and you justifiably feel proud of that fact. But unfortunately due to an unforeseen circumstance, you now need money...Read more